LegacyGT.com

P0301 & P0303 Cylinder misfiring code

2008 LGT SPEC B - So i got these codes about a month ago and replaced the coil packs and spark plugs. The first time was 301-304 so all four but after replacement of spark plugs and coil packs only 1 and 3 show misfire codes. I reconnected the wires and reset the engine and 2 weeks later the p0301 & p0303 came back for a second time after being replaced...

Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

How many miles? What mods & tune? What diagnostic equipment do you have?

If you have BtSsm or RomRaider, a great starting point is to post LV, next to watch roughness/misfire counts and see if you're still having misfires on all 4 cylinders, just not enough to trigger codes on some cylinders.

If you don't have either of those options, you will at least need a scanner with live data so you can see LTFTs & misfire counts at idle, 2500, & 4000 RPM.

Find a good local repair shop and see what they will charge you to find out whats wrong and let you fix it if it's easy.

I assume you have replaced the timing belt kit already ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I will probably be taking it to a shop to have them run the diagnostics and will let you know.

Also in response to the other questions yes tge timing belt was done around 101,xxx so only about 2k miles on the new timing belt and running stock everything...

• 1 month later...

I have good news it was the timing belt so I took everything apart and redid the timing belt make sure of all the timing marks were correct and no misfire.

Archived