LegacyGT.com

2006 Wrx--

I understand... But lets put it this way... It was done on a dyno that read low 190's for the LGT... The WRX put out over 200.

I wouldent be surprised if the "real" rating were 260hp

COBB should ring a bell...

202hp bonestock.

They compared it with the FXT which is also severely underrated.

http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=009867

Unless subaru has put some amazing friction free drivetrain that looses less power than a FWD vehicle they have SEVERELY underrated the new WRX. By at LEAST 30 horsepower.

Throw in the fact that the WRX dosent come with the most retarted flywheel/ clutch combo in the history of automotive design and it cuts a good 60 foot on a cool day with a slight tailwind mid 13's dosent sound too far fetched anymore.

There are dozens of pages regarding the reported 13.4 1/4 on nasicock, noone has posted a slip yet. While the new WRX does put down as much or more power than a legacy many ppl are saying that the gearing and final drive arent as good.

My estimate is that the 06 WRX will be as fast or slightly faster than the 05 LGT, so likely 5.5 to 60 and high 13s- low 14s in the 1/4. Not 13.4 tho otherwise why bother with the Sti?

There are dozens of pages regarding the reported 13.4 1/4 on nasicock, noone has posted a slip yet. While the new WRX does put down as much or more power than a legacy many ppl are saying that the gearing and final drive arent as good.

My estimate is that the 06 WRX will be as fast or slightly faster than the 05 LGT, so likely 5.5 to 60 and high 13s- low 14s in the 1/4. Not 13.4 tho otherwise why bother with the Sti?

You do know that there is more to life then the quarter mile right? If you are basing your criteria on the quarter mile you are looking at the wrong car.

The STI will drive circles around the WRX on the road course.

What time of year did Cobb dyno these cars? Kinda curious how a similar engine with a smaller turbo makes more power right from the factory. Catless uppipe perhaps?

-B

catless uppipe, 8.4 compression. The heads are diffrent...

I think that thread is full of a bunch of crack smokers or something. I'd like to see the stock timeslips, because without them, it's all ego stroking. At any rate, the rex looks like a kid's car, so I'm much happier looking good & going a tad slower in my '05 LGT if that is the case.

:cool:

You do know that there is more to life then the quarter mile right? If you are basing your criteria on the quarter mile you are looking at the wrong car.

The STI will drive circles around the WRX on the road course.

Huh? Dude I own a Legacy and live life one 1/4 mile at a time... I AM A STREET RACER......

:lol:;)

My point was no stock 06 WRX is pulling a 13.4 1/4 not that there arent any other differences between an STI and a wrx

Maximum boost 11.6 PSI on a smaller turbo versus 13.5 PSI on the LGT...

That might be true but neither can hold it to redline so the diffrence is just the area under the curve. Both turbos provide dysmal top end power. My leaf blower produces more air than these snails.

Echo PB-460... 380CFM average flow @ 210mph. :D

Archived