LegacyGT.com

Top mount leaking..

Greetings and thank you in advance for any advice. This is my first time making a post and I hope it’s in the correct place.

On a level of 1-alarming, how concerned should be about the leak in my top mount?

I know these factory top mounts are prone to leaking at old age (this one is 160k). I am notice some oily residue thou also, this is what it looks like after 2000 miles of daily conservative driving. (I did wipe some of it off before it thought to take a photo)

I have not checked the inlet yet to see if or how much oil may be getting into there, it would seem to that a pcv valve may be in my future as I’ve read this can help with oil in the intake.

I plan on replacing the top mount but haven’t had the funds and won’t till closer to late summer most likely. Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you guys and gals!!

024e168baa68cc08a2d26a3410c2d333.jpg6524003a1bfd53f01ad8ddc901c535ca.jpgc8577eb9fb945783814f7393434019c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy top mount IC reinforcement kit (bullet-proof kit) from member BarManBean. You don't need new IC. I had bullet-proof kit from BMB installed years ago after same leak and have not had any problems since.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Re-crimp the tank. Buy a couple of the very large hose clamps used for putting signs on poles and wrap them around the tanks going across the face of the intercooler. The small amount of the clamp covering the area of the fins won't really affect anything.

Thank you guys so much for the suggestions. Is crimping the tabs as easy as it sounds? I haven’t researched enough to find a “how-to” specifically for it.

Bummer that bellet-proof kit isn’t available anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived