LegacyGT.com

Ej255 Moroso oem oil pick up tube

I have a 05 LGT wagon I’m building the motor in and I have a question.......I have seen moroso and killer B refer to their OEM pan pickups not working in certain non STI oil pans

How can I tell if it will work with mine or not?

The reference is usually to LGT and FXT cars

But what difference am I looking for???

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 05 LGT wagon I’m building the motor in and I have a question.......I have seen moroso and killer B refer to their OEM pan pickups not working in certain non STI oil pans

How can I tell if it will work with mine or not?

The reference is usually to LGT and FXT cars

But what difference am I looking for???

Thanks in advance

I believe the early year Legacy GTs had a slightly difference oil pan compared to the 2006+ or 2007+ (I can't remember which one) which shared the same oil pan as the STI. Given that you have a 2005, you'll probably need to get a newer style oil pan for the pickup to work

Thank you for the reply

I have access to second hand oil pans but what your saying is the difference is not really noticeable so for instance I could not “pick one out of a line up” really

Does anybody out there have pictures of the difference??

Go to most any dealers web site and look up the part numbers for the oil pans from the Parts link

Or go to one of the sticky's for the Vendors on here, like Heuberger

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived