LegacyGT.com

Pzev...what is it

maybe the cut back on the badging??? In the end, does it mean anything in so far as my gas mileage or resale value. Does anyone's sport model say SPORT on the back. Mine does not...could have sworn I saw one that did!

maybe the cut back on the badging??? In the end, does it mean anything in so far as my gas mileage or resale value. Does anyone's sport model say SPORT on the back. Mine does not...could have sworn I saw one that did!

Pzev just means it’s compliant with certain states like Cali and New York, you are getting great mpg, it doesn’t affect resale value.

The main difference on the sport model is the grille/the side window mirrors being chrome I believe, and the wheels are 18s.

Pzev...what is it

PZEV (Partial Zero-Emission Vehicle) is a set of emissions standards that are more restrictive than the EPA federal requirements. PZEV compliance is now required in several states, including California. In the Legacy and Outback, PZEV requires both hardware modifications (catalytic converter, fuel injectors, fuel vapor containment, etc.) and different ECM firmware. PZEV did not affect engine power rating or vehicle performance.

PZEV was offered as an extra-cost ($300) option for MY 2015 and 2016 Legacys and Outbacks equipped with the 4-cylinder, 2.5 liter, FB25 engine. Starting with MY 2017, PZEV became standard equipment on all 2.5 engined Legacys and Outbacks. I believe the PZEV badge was dropped in MY 2017, when PZEV became standard equipment.

PZEV was never applicable to the 6-cylinder 3.6 engine, which is an older design.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Badge for my project car:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=238204&d=1474814926

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Well good to know all Subaru's are pzev I guess. My first ever SPORT model and it doesn't even say sport on it! I did not see any Imprezza sport badges either..I did see an outback with a distinctive Sport badge on the back...but this was not the sort of italic - one I have now seen twice. It looked like this one...so maybe I am not the only one upset by these quirky things!

https://www.amazon.com/TK-KLZ-Premium-Mercedes-Chrysler-Chevrolet/dp/B07BV1MHX9/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526411347&sr=8-1&keywords=Sport+badges+for+cars

... good to know all Subaru's are pzev ...

Incorrect. Did you even bother to read the responses in this thread?

spacer.png

Incorrect. Did you even bother to read the responses in this thread?

uh yes I did...we are in a Legacy forum and those were the Subarus I was referring to...though the 3.6 according to you is not so technically I stand corrected. BTW, my dealer said the badge was removed because they are 'all' PZEV...no I did not question them on the 6 cylinder...mine is 2.5. Yes, there is no official Sport badge...they suggested aftermarket.

... the 3.6 according to you is not so technically ...

No "technically" about it:

• PZEV was optional on MY 2015-2016 Legacy and Outback 4-cylinder models
  • PZEV is standard on all MY 2017-2018 Legacy and Outback 4-cylinder models
  • PZEV was never applicable to (and thus never available on) Legacy and Outback 6-cylinder models

spacer.png

Archived