LegacyGT.com

upgrading to auto dim rear view mirror

mattg

My dealer installed mine a week after I took delivery of the car (mirror was on backorder). The wiring is already in place, as it connects to the map lighting harness. The install should take less than an hour.

Guest *Jedimaster*
It's really easy- just put the new one up and connect the wiring plug- everything is pre wired so you just have to connect the dots for the upgrade. I got mine with Subarubucks.

I would save my money for something else. I've got the auto dimming/homelink mirror. While the homelink feature works great, the auto dimming sucks big time. It's never worked well and I still get blinded from people behind me.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Thanks guys!

start a thread, get your answer and a great deal on a new mirror = teh win

No problem- and we didn't even flame you :D

I would save my money for something else. I've got the auto dimming/homelink mirror. While the homelink feature works great, the auto dimming sucks big time. It's never worked well and I still get blinded from people behind me.

Yeah, that POS dims way too slowly.

• 4 months later...
It's really easy- just put the new one up and connect the wiring plug- everything is pre wired so you just have to connect the dots for the upgrade. I got mine with Subarubucks.

Just wondering if the autodim mirror attaches to the windshield? It's hard to tell from the photos on Subaru web sites (kinda looks like it comes out from the map lights but that may just be the wiring). Thanks.

Mine works great. I picked mine up in the for sale forum for 60 bucks plus shipping..

I just ordered one with the homelink for $189. I saw a bunch without it for less but I figured I'd splurge. I hope the install is as easy as everyone is saying. Thanks for the reply.

As above, easy install. Especially recommended if yo have a moonroof.

If you feel you'd like it to dim faster, try putting a piece of translucent tape over the forward sensor.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Archived