LegacyGT.com

VF48 and similar on our cars?

I understand we have a different low mount setup and a unique turbo flange. Buttt...

If I had a spare manifold from another VF48 Subie, would it be as "simple" as swapping the flanges over and orienting the oil, coolant, vacuum lines and output pipe?

Also, how is the VF48 vs VF54? It seems they both give around 275whp tuned (VF48 with STI IC etc on 07FXT and VF54 stage 2 on our 2010 LGTs) so maybe just skip that and go bigger?

From what I understand, our exhaust manifold is made with double-walled tubing, which is apparently a pain to weld. Other than that, you'd need to fab up an oil pan for the turbo- see this thread, there's a couple pictures of some different methods in there.

Cww, thank you for the link. So, it looks easy enough...lol! Totally forgot about the turbo oil pan.

Shadow, I forgot about the custom J-pipe too!

In the thread cww linked there was mention of a Legacy here in the PI that had a custom manifold made up for the GT3076 turbo. I think I saw that actual car up on a lift in a shop I went to and is one of the reasons thoughts of a conversion linger in my mind.

Wrxwhit just did a hybrid Vf54/18G swap that BNR Supercars makes. If you want to go bigger that's the easiest way most likely. You'll be looking at upgrading your fueling and a tune but no custom header or J-pipe work.

Archived