LegacyGT.com

Suspension questions

I just had the driver's side inner tie end replaced in the '98 wagon and the steering feels so much tighter. The passenger's side was done a while back.

While under the car I also noticed the rubber bushings on the front end links are cracked so I'd like to replace front and rear end links as well as stabilizer bar bushings. Anything special I should look for in replacement parts- are any particulars brands better than others. It looks like I can get all all 4 end links and a new set of bushings for around $100 from Rock Auto.

I feel the rear struts have seen better days. If I were to attempt it myself, I'd prefer not to deal with compressing springs so i was thinking of strut spring assemblies, but there doesn't seem to bhe much of a selection for our cars- the only ones I can find are made by FCS, whom I am not familiar with- does anyone have any experience with this brand?

I have the same wagon as WebberJames95 and like his, my ride is "clunky" as well.

you want to get kyb struts. or bilstein off the jdm models. I wouldn't trust the cheaper quick struts. for example monroe is not up to the same quality as kyb which is the oe strut manufacturer for our cars.

it isn't too difficult to change the struts with a cheap spring compressor, or pay a shop to install the strut/spring/mounts and then you can install in the car.

the top bolt in the front struts at the knuckle is your camber adjustment. so you need to position it the same as when you remove it and you should get a wheel alignment after.

usually you can pull on the endlink or sway bar too replicate clunking and play.

I used energy suspension polyurethane bushing for my front, some very cheap solid / polyurethane end links from alliexpress and kart boy end links in the rear with a 18mm outback sway bar (vs 16mm stock gt bar)

all relatively cheap mods to improve handling over just oe replacement.

I used energy suspension polyurethane bushing for my front, some very cheap solid / polyurethane end links from alliexpress and kart boy end links in the rear with a 18mm outback sway bar (vs 16mm stock gt bar)

all relatively cheap mods to improve handling over just oe replacement.

Did you have to do anything for that rear sway bar for fitment? I've got a 26mm for the front and want to add a little more bar in the back and have read that some bars won't fit the sedans without some percussive persuasion.

Did you have to do anything for that rear sway bar for fitment? I've got a 26mm for the front and want to add a little more bar in the back and have read that some bars won't fit the sedans without some percussive persuasion.

if you don't have an outback, the outbacks have bigger sway bars i think by 1 or 2mm on each end. cheap and easy upgrade

Archived