LegacyGT.com

Diagnostic help needed

So I have an 05 Outback 2.5i manual with cali emissions bought it with seized bottom end so replaced short block and other maintenance stuff. Car runs and drives fantastically but after 2-3 drive cycles sets a p0420 so I put a spacer on B1S2 reset and did idle relearn. Fast forward 4 drive cycles all monitors are set. Two more cycles later bam get a p2096. According to identifix there are reports of cars with the 420 replacing cats then getting 2096 which is then remedied by new downstream 02. So I put in a brand new denso B1S2 and got 2096 after 5-6 drive cycles. Last night I drilled out the spacer hoping maybe it would help but idk if I should just be preparing for a cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful with Aftermarket Cat's. Subaru's are super sensitive to aftermarket Cat Converters. I replaced mine on my 2010 Legacy last year, only to have it go bad within a year. Somethin with the engine programming and what not is what I was told.

The upstream a/f ratios hang around 2.6 volts while cruising the downstream 02s move between .6-.8 while cruising down highway, honestly have not yet checked what the new one is doing with the spacer might on my way in today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
Hey, how's your progress? Did you manage to solve this problem? My friend has a similar situation right now and doesn't know the best way to fix it. He recently purchased a diagnostic device from https://thinkdiag.co.uk therefore, it was not difficult for him to determine what kind of problem he had. The only question left is how best to solve it, but all the car service stations that are close to his house are closed, maybe there is an easy way to solve this problem? I would be very grateful for your answer. Thank you in advance and have a nice day! Edited by Xantinan