LegacyGT.com

Who is burning my oil??

Looks to me you trying to solve a problem you don't really have. Could be a edgy injector or spark plug. Did you take the plug out to check the color? That would tell you if you have oil in the combustion chamber.

Throw in a can of CERATEC with next oil change and see if it helps. May free up some rings if they're stuck.

I get that any even slightest problem means YNANSB here, but sometimes a banana is just a banana, you know ;)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be a edgy injector or spark plug. Did you take the plug out to check the color? That would tell you if you have oil in the combustion chamber.

Throw in a can of CERATEC with next oil change and see if it helps. May free up some rings if they're stuck.

See this post regarding spark plugs.

They looked about the same. Although I admit the threads on #4 were more yellow than the rest. Strange.

Not acquainted with CERATEC. I'll do some reading about it.

Looks to me you trying to solve a problem you don't really have. [...] I get that any even slightest problem means YNANSB here, but sometimes a banana is just a banana, you know ;)

I hope you are right! In any case, I am mentally prepared now :spin:.

How many misfire counts? Injector size? I have a similar issue only when very cold. It will go 1-3 on the gauge, no roughness felt. Warms up and goes away. Tuner said it is a by product of the large injectors. ( didn't have this problem until the 1050's went in).

Even for the small stuff, most everybody says YNANSB.. lmao

Be precautious, use good oil and fuel. Good tuner and realize that at some point you have to pay to play!

Where are you at in MD?

Not acquainted with CERATEC. I'll do some reading about it.

It's made in Germany by Liqui-Molly. I used it on my LGT when it started to show blue smoke from exhaust about 35-40K miles back. It did help to get rid of the smoke.

Before I get eaten alive for suggesting anything other than YNANSB - it's less than $30. Amazon, NAPA and BawAuto carry it.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

How many misfire counts? Injector size? I have a similar issue only when very cold. It will go 1-3 on the gauge, no roughness felt. Warms up and goes away. Tuner said it is a by product of the large injectors. ( didn't have this problem until the 1050's went in).

Even for the small stuff, most everybody says YNANSB.. lmao

Be precautious, use good oil and fuel. Good tuner and realize that at some point you have to pay to play!

Where are you at in MD?

Misfire count is usually pretty low and inconsistent (hard to reproduce). Probably like 1-2 most of the time (again at cold idle mostly). As I previously mentioned though, I've had a couple of instances where it climbed to 6 once, and another time to 11. I don't like these last two... I also have a LWFW and LWCP which probably do not help either.

This car is stage 2 with stock injectors, fuel pump, and everything. Only mod is k&n panel filter (tuned for it), catless up pipe and invidia HF catted DP. Stage 1 exedy clutch. Intercooler is stock but BP. I've been using Rotella 5w40 for the past 40k. Before that, it was some European Shell 5w40. Tuner is Mike @ tuning alliance, although I've been tinkering with my ROM a bit a few months back trying to reach my target boost.

I was told the combination of lwcp and lwfw produce random misfires and knock counts. I usually am good for 1-3 when warming up, tuner told me not to worry until consistently high all the time. Have you boost leak tested? Logs? (Sorry if you posted and I missed them)

Archived