LegacyGT.com

Electrical connector on top of the transmission

The last guy that I had to work on my car pulled two wires out of the connector on top of the transmission. The wire is out of the connector and just dangling there. I also have a knock sensor code P0328 and I think this is likely related. I've not dug through the pinout of this connector yet, but it needs fixed regardless.

Anyway, I don't seem to have the tool I need to extract the pin itself from the connector. If I could do this, it's a quick solder job to get the wire back in the pin and hopefully that fixes my knock sensor issue.

Does anyone have any idea how to extract the pins from this connector?

If push came to shove I could buy a new connector from iWire. The only problem is that I'm not sure what the connector is called and what else I might need to do this. I think it;s this connector: https://www.iwireservices.com/product-page/main-engine-plug-a

However mine is a brownish color, not grey as seen here.

Something like that might actually work. Have you used something like that to extract pins from one of the connectors in the car?

Also, that was very weird to see a link from amazon that took me to Walmart.

Thanks for posting that. I'll have to stop by the store and see what I can find.

Just find the matching wire on the other side cut it and put a pull apart connector on it. My wagon has had that done for many many years now. I think the dealer did it the first time back about 2007.

I've posted pictures of it here a while ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It'll work of course, but man does that "feel" janky. I can't tell you why though. I'm all for a good hack, but electrical hacks bug me for some reason. If it comes down to it though, that may be what I do.

Just find the matching wire on the other side cut it and put a pull apart connector on it. My wagon has had that done for many many years now. I think the dealer did it the first time back about 2007.

I've posted pictures of it here a while ago.

Ghetto

Archived