LegacyGT.com

Ahh! Car died in hightway and won’t start

So last night driving home my car I noticed my accessport screen flash. When I looked down the car shut off and died so I pulled into the side of the highway. Have an error code on the dash that says “Er Hc”. From what I can’t find (not to much I can find in the is subject) it seems to be an electrical issue that the car is not communication with itself? Anyways, does anyone know how to fix this? Yes I tried disconnecting the battery but when I plug it back it I get the same error code. And car does NOT even try to crank. And I also checked the main wiring harness in the engine bay by the turbo is plugged in and snug.

May be important to note this is the second time I am using my hitch( light loads) First time was for a short ride and when I went to pick up the trailer the first time from u haul I didn’t realize I didn’t have any trailer wiring so I had u haul throw one in quick ( I was in a rush). Maybe this trailer wiring caused the start of this issue?

Update

Found a blown fuse sbf #7 I think it was. Replaced that fuse and now car will start. But still doesn’t run correctly.

Car now pops very loud after start up. ( sounds like lightning in my engine bay. Not sure what it is yet. Shut the car back off it was that loud and didn’t want to mess anything else up.)

Will update when car is back up and running correctly.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

The service manual may help.

Have you googled the issue ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Subaru+Err+HC&oq=Subaru+Err+HC&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.15776j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

May want to post this in the 4th Gen forum too.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of driving with the AP plugged in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

$684.00 later the car is back. They replaced the SBF #7 fuse 2x the starter fuse 1x and cut, resoldered, heatshrink and rewrapped 3 wires under the intake manifold that had rubbed on the block on the passenger side.

Parts cost... $33.00

Shop fee... $15.00

Obtaining my imobilizer code... $5.00

New Intake manifold gasket $8.88

Labor... $$$.$$

Found that from the search.

here. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/er-hc-message-206730.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks for the info!

Update. Found a blown fuse sbf #7 I think it was. Replaced that fuse and now car will start. But still doesn’t run correctly.

Car now pops very loud after start up. ( sounds like lightning in my engine bay. Not sure what it is yet. Shut the car back off it was that loud and didn’t want to mess anything else up.)

Will update when car is back up and running correctly.

Archived