LegacyGT.com

Oil Return line

So I had recently replaced my turbo on my 07 LGT, after a while I noticed it was leaking oil from under the car. So I crawled under the car and it seemed like it was coming from the turbo oil return line hose. I took a picture and found the bottom of the factory line was cracked around the clamp. So I ordered a new hose and took the turbo off. When I looked down at the hard line to the engine it looked like it was almost backed off from it (see picture) with all the oil down there I cant tell if it was leaking from there as well or if that is just how it is. I tried seeing if I could move it with my hand and I couldn't get it to budge. I tried looking at pictures from factory but I couldn't find any from top view. I am just wondering if this is correct or if I need to take the up pipe off and tighten the bolt to the return line.

Thank you all,

Dustin.

Oilreturn.thumb.jpg.bed82aa635b00fdf869b0a1c4daf468e.jpg

Oilreturn1.thumb.jpg.b06ebfeb890d1e17dc1e2b16a2484266.jpg

I seem to recall the pipe to the head was a welded type fit. I don't have pictures here but you may see it if you click on my click here link in my sig. Pictures start around post 26 I think. Found it, see post 125.

The bottom of the turbo has a two bolt flange it I recall correctly.

I see your new here, but every one that works around the turbo, I always tell to replace the oil return hose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I seem to recall the pipe to the head was a welded type fit. I don't have pictures here but you may see it if you click on my click here link in my sig. Pictures start around post 26 I think. Found it, see post 125.

The bottom of the turbo has a two bolt flange it I recall correctly.

I see your new here, but every one that works around the turbo, I always tell to replace the oil return hose.

Thank you, Yeah I found a lot of pictures like that online. Yeah I read the forums a lot don't but post much unless I cant figure it out. I am so mad at myself when I replaced the turbo that I didn't read forums enough to see about that hose being a POS. But you live and you learn.

I also had an oil leak in that area and thought it was the oil return hose and/or the gasket at the turbo itself. Replaced he hose and gasket only to have it still leak. It ended up being the turbo inlet housing was loose to the main housing. Had to take the inlet housing off and inlet turbine wheel. Loctighted the bolts and leak is now gone. Not saying that’s what yours is but a possibility.

Archived