LegacyGT.com

Eibach free spring length?

Dealership mechanics can be absolutely useless at times. Granted, I haven't personally done this in some time, I have installed lowering springs on a few cars so I'm not a total noob to this. Quick back story:

Due to MI roads being the rough equivalent of a carpet-bombed middle east road, I've been forced to "refresh" my suspension. I picked up a set of Eibach's (7722.140) from a member here and a set of 2013+ KYB's (3340106/7 fronts, 340043 rear) from ShockWarehouse.

I was told by the mechanic that the springs are too short for the shock and that they couldn't be installed.

1) Is there a shock length difference between 2010/2013 that would result in this? (or perhaps spring perch placement?)

2) I know many here have installed springs with a shorter free length without issue. (Eibach's, RCE's, etc) Eibach doesn't list a spring specifically for 2013/14, but assuming there is no difference in overall shock length/spring perch placement, what am I (he) missing?

Thanks

The mechanic is wrong. Lowering springs are usually shorter, they're also stiffer spring rates so the guy clearly does not know what he's talking about. I hope you didn't pay him...

OK, thank you. I knew I wasn't losing my mind. Unfortunately, this is where my wife works and they were doing some other work (replacing front wheel bearing) so yeah they got paid to replace the shocks and stock springs went back on. I'm certainly not happy about it. To make matters worse, there was some nonsense about "a proper sized adapter" for the rear shocks. I was like...wut?

#NEVERAGAIN

Archived