LegacyGT.com

Selling my car, what do you think

FUHL

Selling my car, what do you think?

This is the ad. https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/2006-subaru-legacy-gt-awd-new/6555010128.html

I know the price might seem high, but I think it is reasonable for my area. A dealer has a 05 with the same miles but not a GT for $10,999

I get a lot of people asking about the head gaskets. They are originals and I don't see any sign of leakage.

Also I was going put it on consignment and the dealer said he would do it because the turbo has not been replaced. Are these legitimate concerns? Is my car going to blow next week? I have had it for 2 years and bought it with 82K. See the ad for all the parts I have changed.

Opinions welcome.

I would wash the all-season floor mats retake the interior pictures.

The head gasket leaking is more of a 2.5i issue with the material used in the head gaskets. Personally I don't thinks it required to replace the turbo at 107k miles. It might be good peace of mind as preventative maintenance, but let the next owner do that. New turbo on used 4th Gen is a huge red flag and its just only going to make your wallet lighter.

From a dealer's perspective though, they are bound by other requirements, and even when it's sold "as is/no warranty" they are often (varies by state) required to offer a 30 day warranty of some sort on the car.

Agree with the head gasket thing being more of a 2.5i thing, and I would even argue more of a late 90's - early 2000's issue, but for some people, it's the only thing they know about Subarus, so it's something you'll just have to deal with people asking about.

Hg aren't required unless in bad shape. What does leaking mean?

Full tb replacement or did you reuse pieces?

Wear on seats looks like a lot for the mileage.

Put your car in a good location and take pics from car level. All the way around. Note any nicks, dents, rips, tears, etc. Include what mileage or date you did repairs. Which tires did you use (unless cheapest possible).

8250 seems high for having to hassle with hg. White/tan/auto is the most popular combo and most buyers are looking for a dark interior with a 5mt.

I'd emphasize the care you have taken with it.

boxkita - There's nothing wrong with the head gasket, he was just noting that a lot of people were asking about head gaskets (because that's what non-car people know about as the "thing to watch out for" on Subarus).

Timing belt appears to be a full kit since he notes belt, pulleys and water pump.

No, there was never anything wrong with the head gasket. He said that people call and ask about the head gasket.

Why do people ask about the head gasket? Because quasi-car-people and non-car-people only know that the head gaskets fail on Subarus.

Car is in great condition and drives very well. This was my wife's car untill she bought a SUV.

Yes I used a TB kit. Everything that has been replaced is within 3000 miles.

Here is a text I got yesterday.

The Head Gaskets that go out about 100K have not been done yet on your Legacy, correct?

I told him it wasn't an issue with the Turbo equipped engine.

Archived