LegacyGT.com

Key sticks, can't turn ignition off

I've had my Legacy for a little over 2 years now. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been having a problem with turning the ignition all the way off. The key sticks at "ACC" and won't go to the lock setting. So far I have managed this by turning the ignition back on, putting the car in reverse, back to park, sometimes having to do this more than once. We've taken it to the dealer, and they are ordering a part, planning to replace the ignition. However, with a little internet research I found that this issue has been occurring in Outbacks and it usually has taken multiple dealer visits to solve, most have required some service or replacement of the gear shift assembly.

Have any of you had this issue with your Legacy? Any advice?

... with a little internet research I found that this issue has been occurring in Outbacks ... Have any of you had this issue with your Legacy?

I have both a 2015 Legacy (3+ years) and a 2016 Outback (2+ years), and this is the first I've heard of it. Let the dealer fix it under warranty.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

This happens in my 16’ Outback. I have to wiggle the shifter in pack for the key to release. Will bring it to the dealer at some point for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived