LegacyGT.com

HELP with Brembo clearance

Hey guys

Long story short.

My new rims are 18x8.5 +35 offset.

My issue is THEY WONT CLEAR MY FRONT BREMBOS!

It must be the spoke pattern but they hit my brambos..

So.. I need about 10mm or so to clear them. Am I completely screwed with a +35mm offset and adding a 10mm spacer ??

The backs fit no problem :ba3816c228f172fd5c8f947ed3c18e56.jpg

What size tires are you running? +25 is pretty aggressive, and you'll probably run into issues with rubbing unless you want to stretch a narrow tire on there. A 10mm spacer would more than likely require longer studs (as in, bolt-on probably isn't an option, the stock studs aren't long enough to use with 10mm spacers). You might be better off cutting your losses and trying to sell the wheels and tires while they're brand new and looking for something else similar that'll clear, unfortunately.

What size tires are you running? +25 is pretty aggressive, and you'll probably run into issues with rubbing unless you want to stretch a narrow tire on there. A 10mm spacer would more than likely require longer studs (as in, bolt-on probably isn't an option, the stock studs aren't long enough to use with 10mm spacers). You might be better off cutting your losses and trying to sell the wheels and tires while they're brand new and looking for something else similar that'll clear, unfortunately.
I was afraid of that..

I'm running 245/40/18.

I can't believe this.

i'm going through the same issue, the brembos and wheel situation is bumming me out. I ordered 4 10mm spacers with longer studs (ichiba v1)... and not to contradict what was said earlier about studs but sometimes you need to press new studs sometimes you don't.. depends the wheel.. most places I've read that the required engagement minimum is the width of the bolt.. e.g. ours are 12mm so we need about half inch engagement... having said that.. would i track it with half inch.. no way

I have 2 sets that don't fit.. don't ask...

konig oversteer 19 x 8.5 +45 needs 10mm to clear

Niche citrine 19x9.5 +40 .. needs a 5mm to clear

If i can't get my brembos to quiet down, My brembos might go up for sale, I absolutely love them.. but can't deal with the noise.

I would rather lose them, then give up nice wheels and NO SPACERS... I never liked spacers and never will.

Also staggering isn't a problem, only overall height. I had the same problem rears were fine and i wondered what it would look like with a reverse stagger....lol

i'm going through the same issue, the brembos and wheel situation is bumming me out. I ordered 4 10mm spacers with longer studs (ichiba v1)... and not to contradict what was said earlier about studs but sometimes you need to press new studs sometimes you don't.. depends the wheel.. most places I've read that the required engagement minimum is the width of the bolt.. e.g. ours are 12mm so we need about half inch engagement... having said that.. would i track it with half inch.. no way

I have 2 sets that don't fit.. don't ask...

konig oversteer 19 x 8.5 +45 needs 10mm to clear

Niche citrine 19x9.5 +40 .. needs a 5mm to clear

If i can't get my brembos to quiet down, My brembos might go up for sale, I absolutely love them.. but can't deal with the noise.

I would rather lose them, then give up nice wheels and NO SPACERS... I never liked spacers and never will.

Brutal!!

Its put me in such a bad mood . I am going to test fit them with a 12mm spacer on Friday and see how it sits. If it's just some minor fender work for clearance I'm okay with that.

As for the Brembo noise. That's just pads . New pads, smother the backs of them in brake grease and it shouldn't happen . Mine are quiet as can be and I'm just using premium pads from Canadian Tire.

Archived