LegacyGT.com

Interior and Door LED upgrades

I just received my new 2018 3.6R and was wondering what bulbs to use to upgrade the interior and under door lights. I just upgraded from a 2011 3.6 R and the bulbs that I upgraded on that vehicle car are discontinued from SuperbrightLED's.com. Also any tips on removing the covers, especially for the map lights?

I upgraded both door lights and visor lights since the map lights were already led.

Map lights should be simple, you just need to press on the dark spots with a flat head screwdriver and they should pop out.

I had a friend do the door lights, he said it was simple.

Here is a video:

trunk light (use a LED strip)

For a Forester, I would agree. For our Legacy, it depends. Unlike the Forester, which has its light low, making it nearly useless, even with a much brighter LED, the Legacy light it top and center in the trunk, so light is dispersed much better.

The light strip is definitely an improvement over a single bright LED, that’s for sure, but I find the single bright LED to be good enough for me. I replaced the incandescent trunk light with the brightest replacement LED diodedynamics had available and the lighting is much improved over the relatively dim OEM bulb.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I stuck with most of the LEDS from companies on Amazon and they do the job. For headlights and turn signals I went with Diode Dynamics only because I didn’t want to have to install load resisters. All of the interior lights and door jams are just a cover that can be pryed off with a small flathead or if you have a plastic pry. I slid it in 1/4 way to the center and they just pop off.

For a Forester, I would agree. For our Legacy, it depends. Unlike the Forester, which has its light low, making it nearly useless, even with a much brighter LED, the Legacy light it top and center in the trunk, so light is dispersed much better.

The light strip is definitely an improvement over a single bright LED, that’s for sure, but I find the single bright LED to be good enough for me. I replaced the incandescent trunk light with the brightest replacement LED diodedynamics had available and the lighting is much improved over the relatively dim OEM bulb.

The LED strip can be positioned deeper into the trunk for even better lighting.. I mounted mine to the rear deck and the lighting is better.

• 1 month later...
Wonder ... how to run the power for the LED strip for the trunk? get the power from that stock little tiny light?

Yes.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
If I wanted my door courtesy light to match the side mirrors projection lights, what color would that be?

My courtesy lights are at 6500k LEDs right now and are a lot whiter than those mirror puddle lights. Any guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess below 6500k would be ok. 8000k will turn into bluish.

Archived