LegacyGT.com

Some Pre-amp out questions and Sub

djsethmac.com

Hi,

I've read the posts forever and I still have a couple of questions. Has anyone wired their system using pre-amp level outs WITHOUT using LOC's or CleanSweep? Does it exist? I just bought my 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT Limited, my first new car. Got an amazing price and really like the car! I pulled the sound system out of my Audi A4. I have 2 MB Quart seperates, 5-1/4 inch woof with seperate tweet, perfect for what is in there now with external crossover boxes, a set of PPI 2-way 6.5" round coaxials, an Alpine 5 channel amp, 100 watts per channel and a sub out and a subwoofer. I'd like to put all that in the Soooobie using the existing HU. I have never really liked LOC, so any advise y'all?

First, the car takes 6.5's all the way around. Second, the stock head unit can't be swapped out so you need to convert speaker level to line out. Your Alpine might have it built in. If not, you need a way to step the voltage down and an LOC or CleanSweep is the answer. The CS adds an EQ function to get rid of the factory EQ curve.

Thanks man! I know the HU can't be swapped. I was not sure if the Crutchfield speaker spacers will accept my 5-1/4's ('cause it sounds like I'll need to use the spacers). I wasn't sure if anyone has found a way around the LOC, but the Alpine amp having the LOC built in is a VERY good point! Thanks!

Archived