LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy GT

coolguyxp

Hi there!

I'm new to this forum but I have been researching for a new car and settled on a legacy gt 4th gen a few months ago. Coming from a 03 Buick century, I'm very excited, especially for the standard transmission.

I found this for sale on CL and I was wondering if any of you had any thoughts on this: https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/subaru-legacy-gt-turbo-manual/6555639119.html

It's a 2006 Legacy GT reduced from $6400 to $5600. There's some slight body damage as seen in the last picture, but from what I've seen for 85k miles this is still a good deal. I'm not in love with the color, I'd prefer a darker gray or a deep blue, but I'm willing to overlook that if it's a good deal. I wanted to check with the expertise of this forum though and see if anyone spotted any red flags or things to watch out for?

My dream legacy is a 2007 gt spec. B, but the only one that's currently available near me is more than double the price of this one.

Thanks!

Looks like a pretty decent car for 5600. That long dent in the rear quarter may be easy for a "dent wizard", removal guy to fix. He may even be able to fix the door.

If it wasn't done at 10y/o the timing belt/kit will be the first thing to be replaced.

That looks it has always been on the stock tune. Not the best, but the engine is still young.

Read the stickys at the tops of the 4th Gen forum and the Tech Forums.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived