LegacyGT.com

Vibration in left hand curves?

Hey guys. Brand new to the forum. Awesome posts. My son just purchased a 2011 Legacy 3.6R Limited with only 44,000 miles on it and during the test drive we noticed a vibration/grinding sorta sensation in left hand sweeping curves in the road. Doesn't do it in right hand curves. My initial assumption is cv axle but knowing absolutely nothing about Subaru AWDs, I may be way off. Inside edge of tires worn pretty bad. Probably original Bridgestone Turanzas that came on it from factory.

Has anybody had this happen or know what it may be? It came with a 3 month/4,000 mile warranty so will be getting to the dealer ASAP. Thanks guys for any thoughts/ideas.

The inside edge of the tire shouldn't be worn excessively, that is indicative of the suspension being out of alignment or perhaps damage such as tie rod being bent. I would get that issue resolved 1st, it may be causing the vibration.

Thanks a million for suggestion! That's sorta what I was thinking, too. Gonna wear out that 90 day $100 deductible warranty the dealer gave us! :) By the way, it hit a parked car per CARFAX by the most previous owner right before they got rid of it causing minor damage. Maybe the body shop didn't align it.

The inside edge of the tire shouldn't be worn excessively, that is indicative of the suspension being out of alignment or perhaps damage such as tie rod being bent. I would get that issue resolved 1st, it may be causing the vibration.

• 3 weeks later...
Yea the slightest turn of the wheel left caused it. You're putting a load on right front when u do that and that's what caused it. Subaru mechanic said our Legacy's are bad for wheel bearings to go bad. :rolleyes:

Archived