LegacyGT.com

Dash Cam Hard Wire Install

After looking more closely, I think there may be enough space to pass the cord over one of the Eyesight cameras so that's probably the best route. Thanks!

I took the ES cover off the car and routed the cable up the mirror cable protector, across the headliner and down the "A" pillar to the fuse box to my Parking Mode interface...very clean and zero issues.

I would not recommend that as the car's power is not regulated and the voltage is all over the place. there are multiple kits that work with your fuse box ...

Are you claiming that the battery system voltage at the fuse block is regulated, but at the rear view mirror it's not?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I would not recommend that as the car's power is not regulated and the voltage is all over the place. there are multiple kits that work with your fuse box and the wires can be tucked along the a pillar and in the headliner

What??? The power in this car is no different than any other car...the voltage will fluctuate between around 12.5 - 13.4V based on battery versus alternator. You need absolutely nothing to hook anything "12VDC" up to this car so I have no idea what you are talking about:spin:

Archived