LegacyGT.com

AP Uninstall Fail

Waxiboy

05 LGT, AP V1, Stg 2 OTS Map

So I was trying to unmarry/uninstall my AP V1. While it was chugging along merrily at around 25%, the screen suddenly reverted back to the home screen. Now the AP could not even communicate with the ECU and I have the Er HC code on my odometer and the engine would not even crank. I also noticed that the fans are not cycling when in test mode (connected green connectors). Can my ECU be fixed?

If you’re looking for someone to do this for you, go PM the vendors here that are tuners. Many have a rig on hand, and you may be able to ship it to them. Mike at Infamous Perofrmance comes to mind as a likely person to have everything.

If you can’t find someone in a few days PM me and I can build a rig to do it for you.

The same thing happened to me . I was uninstalling the accessport so my tuner can tune my ECU directly . It reset just like you said above . My friend from a Volkswagen dealer told me it could have been because the car needs constant power when flashing the ecu , so when they do it at Volkswagen they have it connected to a battery charger. Mine got stuck on test mode with the error message and the temperature reading all the way hot. The car would not even crank . We then swapped an ecu from another legacy GT and the car would crank but no start so we knew it was the ecu after trying everything else. The new ecu then had to be programmed by someone in the Subaru dealer, but my tuner is friends with them so he only charged 100$

If you’re looking for someone to do this for you, go PM the vendors here that are tuners. Many have a rig on hand, and you may be able to ship it to them. Mike at Infamous Perofrmance comes to mind as a likely person to have everything.

If you can’t find someone in a few days PM me and I can build a rig to do it for you.

I will reach out to him. Thanks.

The same thing happened to me . I was uninstalling the accessport so my tuner can tune my ECU directly . It reset just like you said above . My friend from a Volkswagen dealer told me it could have been because the car needs constant power when flashing the ecu , so when they do it at Volkswagen they have it connected to a battery charger. Mine got stuck on test mode with the error message and the temperature reading all the way hot. The car would not even crank . We then swapped an ecu from another legacy GT and the car would crank but no start so we knew it was the ecu after trying everything else. The new ecu then had to be programmed by someone in the Subaru dealer, but my tuner is friends with them so he only charged 100$

What year is your car? I was told by Mach V that 05's do not have the immobilizer built in the ECU so it can be swapped directly.

Good news!!! I was able to uninstall my AP V1 this afternoon. I unhooked the battery all week and connected it again when I got home from work. I supplemented the power with a 13.8V 20A regulated power supply. First try gave me the error again but on my second attempt, the AP V1 was able to communicate with the ECU and the uninstall went through. The car started, no CEL, Yay!!!!!

Second part was to install a used AP V2. It uploaded a Stage 2 map without a hitch and I am now a happy camper :D

Btw, I have my AP V1 for sale. It has a Rallitek Stg 2.5 map in it.

Archived