LegacyGT.com

Kia Stinger - what the LGT should have been

I can agree that the Stinger is sort of the "spiritual successor" to the LGT.

As for what the LGT "SHOULD" have been? Hmm. The 2005 911 had 325 hp. The fastest car Kia had in 2005 was the Amanti. Yeah, LGT wins the 2005 battle..

Yep, now I see the AWD option listed. Damn, this thing loaded is almost 60k.

I saw it more around $52K for the GT2 AWD? They're offering ~$7k lease cash for that model.. (at least they were in Feb/March). If you can talk them down a bit off MSRP, maybe $43-45k.. Looks like a loaded Outback 3.6 is ~$40k. I know which one I'd rather drive. I'm kind of between a Stinger AWD and a Q50 Red Sport AWD at this point.. (but, subject to change)

• 10 months later...

I bit the bullet and purchased the 2019 Stinger GT. I made a few sacrifices to keep cost down, since ultimately I was after the motor, AWD, and the legroom. I got the base model GT which doesn't have the sunroof, homelink mirror, turbo gauge, or powered trunk. The base model GT with after all of the manufacturer discounts is priced very close to what new Legacy GT's went for. I qualified for a price of about $35K. This is my first new car ever, so I feel a bit uneasy about having the big new car note. I must admit the car rocks. Those 4.7 sec 0-60 times are true. I've launched it a few times. There is virtually no wheelspin, just power to the ground. Though the fuel economy is claims to be close to the LGT at 17 city/ 25 highway, my modded 2010 LGT gets much better gas mileage. I think I'm only averaging 20 MPG in the Stinger GT and thats driving in ECO mode basically the entire time.

This has been a great car so far and I have not been able to find many stories of reliability issues. My only real gripe is the actual Kia logo, which is everywhere and so unlike our cool Subaru logo. I plan to do some major re-badging.

Go test drive a Stinger GT. I'm still hoping that Subaru bring the sportiness and power back to the Legacy one day.

I bit the bullet and purchased the 2019 Stinger GT. I made a few sacrifices to keep cost down, since ultimately I was after the motor, AWD, and the legroom. I got the base model GT which doesn't have the sunroof, homelink mirror, turbo gauge, or powered trunk. The base model GT with after all of the manufacturer discounts is priced very close to what new Legacy GT's went for. I qualified for a price of about $35K. This is my first new car ever, so I feel a bit uneasy about having the big new car note. I must admit the car rocks. Those 4.7 sec 0-60 times are true. I've launched it a few times. There is virtually no wheelspin, just power to the ground. Though the fuel economy is claims to be close to the LGT at 17 city/ 25 highway, my modded 2010 LGT gets much better gas mileage. I think I'm only averaging 20 MPG in the Stinger GT and thats driving in ECO mode basically the entire time.

This has been a great car so far and I have not been able to find many stories of reliability issues. My only real gripe is the actual Kia logo, which is everywhere and so unlike our cool Subaru logo. I plan to do some major re-badging.

Go test drive a Stinger GT. I'm still hoping that Subaru bring the sportiness and power back to the Legacy one day.

there coming back legacy 2020

Archived