LegacyGT.com

2008 vs 2011

Joaks

Hello all,

I am thinking of purchasing one of two vehicles: a 2011 or 2008 (both 2.5i limited).

I really prefer the styling of the '08 and it seems much smaller (although specs say it is just a few inches in each direction). Same miles for each (70k).

will post links below. Any thoughts on a newer but more nerdy car vs old and more stylish??

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/729412580/overview/

https://www.carmax.com/car/15254361

IMO that is too much money for a 2008, you should be able to find one for cheaper. The 2011 is a much bigger car than the 2008 and it is noticeable. At the same price point, I personally would pick the 2011, but that 2008 should be much cheaper than its asking price.

Having owned both an 07 and now a 2010 the newer gen is much bigger. I can't comment on the power or driving of both but I would get the newer vehicle in either case. Gas mileage should also be much improved as the 4th gen had a 4spd auto vs the CVT in the newer legacy.

Though I will admit I like the interior in the 08, I'd go with the 2011 - it's the same engine, newer car, better fuel economy and much roomier - the difference being most noticeable in the rear seats (quite a bit more legroom) and the trunk is much bigger as well. If you are using the car mostly to move people and stuff around, the 11 is the better of the two - more space, better mileage, same power. The 11 is 85-90 lbs heavier - not enough to be noticeable. 11 also has a bigger fuel tank (just 1.5 gal more, so probably not too significant).

Weird that they are asking (no haggle price, no less) only $500 or so less for the 08 - though it is from Carmax, so it has their warranty behind it.

Archived