LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket headlight assembly

My headlights are getting cloudy, again. I'm sick of polishing them every year, looking at buying a new set. When I last looked at this, the only new option was OEM @ $300 per side. I can now get aftermarket for $230/pair on eBay. Has anyone tried the aftermarket units, and if so how did they work out? Thanks!

i have the depo brand. they arent great. they look nice but my light pattern is all jacked up. ill likely try to improve it when the weather here gets nicer. could be an alignment issue

Would you advise buying them and send out OE to be built/upgraded and then just stash the depo?

Unfortunately I've never seen an aftermarket housing that had as good a lighting pattern as an OE housing. I wonder though if the factory projector bowl and stuff would fit in the aftermarket one. That should give you the better lighting with a clear lens, but of course I'm sure the warranty goes out the window lol.

I'm thinking about touching up my headlights again sometime soon, but I'm wondering if you've been applying any sort of UV protectant on the lenses after polishing? Or if you still have to refinish them every year even with a special headlight sealant with a uv inhibitor. I guess ultimately what I'm asking is, what products are you using when you polish them?

I've had the Depos on my car for the last 3 years with no problems. I do have an inexpensive clear film on them (not Lamin-x) and they haven't faded or yellowed. Light pattern is good and not affected. Money well-spent on E-Bay.

Zack K.

Archived