LegacyGT.com

Spring(s)

bdcvg

O.K. I am getting ready to put My OBXT on JDM GT Rev A Bilsteins and springs. I also have USDM Legacy Wagon rear springs. The JDM rear springs have 7 coils made up of .513 in. diameter steel. The USDM rear wagon springs have 8 coils made of .529 dia. steel. Would the USDM springs reduce the amount of saggy but? The USDM OBXT is 300 lbs heavier than the JDM GTA wagon. Thoughts?

The backs are stupid easy to begin with. Install what you want. If you don't like how your wagon sits, just go back in, drop the rear struts and put in spacers.

I just did pinks on the front and USDM rear with Tokico HTS struts on my wagon a couple of weeks ago. I used the 3/8" spacer with that and it sits pretty flat.

j.

I'm assuming the JDM springs are from a wagon?

I think you'll probably be find running the JDM springs. Spring wise, the number of coils and the diameter of the steel doesn't directly translate into a stiffer spring because of different materials. From what I remember, most JDM springs are actually a higher spring rate than the USDM equivalents.

The outback will be heavier because the JDM wagon uses a smaller 2.0L engine and doesn't have the higher ride height and body cladding. The extra weight of your car would likely be more geared towards the front than the rear if anything. This is just me thinking of where the extra weight would be so I could be wrong

Archived