LegacyGT.com

Did some maintenance on my 12' LGT

Last week I had my LGT at the local dealer for some warranty work. Purchased the Subaru Gold warranty and figured I'd use it. CD player stopped taking CD's and auto-headlight sensor not working. Took them two days but they confirmed both are defective and replacements are on order. My deductible is $100.

They also told me my front right strut is leaking. I have about 30K miles on the Koni Yellows. I confirmed and just sent Koni a warranty request (advance replacement) and asked them what options I have for replacing the front left. Front left isn't leaking but figured I should replace both if I need to get into it.

Got some lift time at my uncle's s shop and did a full brake fluid flush, tranny / rear dif flush and replaced spark plugs.

All the fluids were still really clean. Had 30K on Motul 75-90 and switched back to Subaru extra S. I choose Motul based on forum recommendations but didn't think it was all that. Decided to go back to OEM.

Plugs I used were the Denso IKH20TT. I used the same plugs at 40K but had a shop do it at that time. What a pain it is to replace the plugs, took me about two hours total. Driver side rear was the toughest.

One thing I noted was that the gap on the old plugs were at about .038. New plugs were also the same. I carefully brought the gap down to .030.

I thought the plugs come pre-gapped?

What gap are you guys using?

Thanks for the feedback on motul I was considering it, but given the reviews I have seen I might go with the extra-mt from Subaru.

I believe I verified my plugs to be .035 with a wire feeler gauge. The iridium plugs are a bit scary to run over a traditional gap guage so I upgraded. I have only used the factory plugs.

All good FLlegacy. Others will have their opinions but for me, I hardly push my car, shift smoothly and thought the motul wasn't as smooth as original fill so I went back to OEM.

Seems the spark plug replacement thread recommended between .028 to .032 or something like that. I think these plugs should be gapped even when most say they should be left alone. Old plugs I pulled were just as clean as originals, even after 30K miles of stage 2. Definitely feels a little stronger with smaller gap though.

OP, if they didn't mention it, make sure they are performing the TSB for the headlight sensor. If they don't, the new sensor will fail too.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-seen-tsb-12-136-12-automatic-headlight-sensor-repair-195473.html?t=195473

Truth here. The dealer didn't do the TSB the first time around on my car, so when I brought it back to replace the sensor again and some other stuff a couple of months ago, I made sure they did the TSB. They didn't charge me for the second replacement or the TSB, which was nice of them, but also what I expected them to do.

Archived