LegacyGT.com

3.6R oil change question

Hi,

Regarding the oil filter, does it make sense to get something like this:

http://www.formafunnel.com/

to make the process a little cleaner? Or is it pretty clean despite it being a horizontal filter?

(And for those of you that use a Fumoto, do you guys have a metal skidplate down there for extra protection?)

Hi,

Regarding the oil filter, does it make sense to get something like this:

http://www.formafunnel.com/

to make the process a little cleaner? Or is it pretty clean despite it being a horizontal filter?

(And for those of you that use a Fumoto, do you guys have a metal skidplate down there for extra protection?)

I've never had any issues with the standard way, but it couldn't hurt

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Never had much of a problem with the oil filter other than a sending unit wire which is very close above the filter.

When you remove the drain plug you better be ready for 7 quarts of oil coming out in around 30 seconds. :spin: now that can make a mess.

No need for a skid plate with the fumoto. You can attach a fuel hose to the valve stem and drain the oil directly into a container with no spill.

For the filter I just stick my hand in a plastic grocery bag and loosen the filter until it begins to drain slowly.

Cool trick. I use a red solo cup right now to take the filter off the 2.5, but it's pretty tight since it's in the "ring of fire" design. Not going to miss that one bit.

Yeah, I'll most likely put a Fumoto on the 3.6. After quite a few oil changes I don't have the technique right and it usually gets all over the car, so that'll be nice and easy.

Archived