LegacyGT.com

2015 3.6r CVT Replacement

Update- new CVT installed.

$9k for the new CVT, but no charge as it was still under warranty. The dealer said it was leaking from the converter case cover. I assume that means torque converter.

I asked if the engine was pulled as part of the procedure. The rep said no, the job is pretty straightforward and simple. I only mention that because the previous rep said that the engine had to be removed in order to replace the CVT. No big deal.

Initial observations from 30 minutes of city driving: acceleration is smoother and more linear. The original CVT did shudder slightly at low rpm's. Oddly, the shudder did diminish when I installed a new battery. However, the shudder/hesitation was still present. I doubt most drivers would even notice, but I did. Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that the new CVT was buttery smooth under acceleration and on hills.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if this is the problem area where the leak warrants replacement - at the very edge of the plastic cover after the cv axles I guess where the cvt and front diff/torque converter meet at that seam?

I tried to attach image but it says invalid...

Archived