LegacyGT.com

Cost of 30K and 60K and 90K service?

its in your manual in the sleeve. it also varies by dealer RTFM

i was trying hard to remember where i have seen those numbers...thx for refreshing my memory....but u didnt have to get all offensive while doing that!!!! jerk....LOL:icon_bigg

my 30k for a DIY is about $100 (since I use all the good fluids)... check your stock brake pads, I assume 50% of owners will need new ones at this time (OEM brake pads all around is about $180 from the dealer at cost AFAIK). Tires might be part of the issue to need to replace.. but that's subject to driving habits anyways, so I wont count that in the maintenance. The 60k will be a repeat of the 30k process.. it's the 90k that will possibly need a timing belt and water pump ($200 to $400?) worth of parts and fluids..

I think I covered most of the maintenance.. it's not much to do, thank goodness for the advancement in automotive technology for a lesser-maintenance society.

Keefe

xenonk...somehow i find your numbers very very optimistic...i would think new brakes would be more expensive than $180 all around...more like $400 all around and timing belt at 90K should be at least $600...unless these new ones have sigle button to pop the old one out and another button to pop the new one in...plus they'd prolly coax customers into changing cam seals...cuz they are probably leaking by then (most subaru's do that)

...but hey i will keep wishing the prices are in line with what you say.....:)

Some extended warranty plans offer discounts on 30,60,90k check ups. ask the stealership about this before you buy. Some extended warrantys require you to only service at certain garages, so check em out real good before you buy. my parents bought one for my lil sis's Jetta and the stealership refuses to cover anything.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Thanks for humoring me with prices everyone.

Well My 60K is due, I've never once had a scheduled maint performed, I recently had my oil changed, fluids topped, new brakes and tires so I know I won't need those things. I'm to assume Wires, possible belt replacement and the usualy check up stuff? Would $200 be a good estimate on that barring they find nothing glaringly wrong with the car?

xenonk...somehow i find your numbers very very optimistic...i would think new brakes would be more expensive than $180 all around...more like $400 all around and timing belt at 90K should be at least $600...unless these new ones have sigle button to pop the old one out and another button to pop the new one in...plus they'd prolly coax customers into changing cam seals...cuz they are probably leaking by then (most subaru's do that)

...but hey i will keep wishing the prices are in line with what you say.....:)

remember, these are DIY numbers, not dealer numbers.. and I bought my front stock OEM pads for $80.33 from the guys down in Jacksonville about a week ago coming home from the Subaru Challenge.. so quoting $180 all around with tax is about right.

A brand new PE timing belt is around $180 to $200 something (stock can't be more than $130).. water pump may vary from $200 to $300... Impreza parts aren't that far off for pricing since most of these motors are cookie-cut type of motors. Cam seals and head gaskets have a knack to fail more so on the NA motors from the older GC/GF models.. I havent heard of a really huge number in concern on the cam seals.

Keefe

wont 90k include plugs and wires?

other possibilities- fuel pump, o2 sensor, mufflers, struts? depending on driving habits, time of ownership

Spark plugs isnt anymore than $45 ( http://www.sparkplugs.com @ NGK IX iridium LFR6AIX-11 0.030 TURBO $7.60/each or NGK Double Platinum 7913 SILFR6A 0.030 TURBO [Original Equipment Manufacturer, and/or Original Equipment Service Part] $11.71/each ).. it might be even less.. I doubt you need a new fuel pump.. maybe the filter, but nothing much more.. I think your exhuast would need replacing first (or the cat) before the O2 sensor goes out. Struts may go out, but I have seen people milk their suspension well pass 120k due to the easy driving and light loads they carry.

YOu can change the wires if you see the rubber jacket braking up bad.. if anything, the battery will need to be checked before that even happens.

A lot of the misc. stuff really depends on the conditions (hence the INSPECT column in the manual). If you are a real good owner that replaces parts whenever you see wear, your car will last just fine.. the car shouldn't be a money pit (even of all the crap I put it through).

I didnt include clutch work because we all drive differently... I remember some WRX owners needed new clutches after 15k miles, some even at 10k.. for mine, I had well over 65k miles and it was still going strong.. I bought a clutch ready for the swap at 50k, but the stock clutch is just fine.. I am sure it could have lasted up to 90k with the kind of track, daily and autox days with the car.. it's how you drive it and maintain it.

Keefe

Im thinkin worse case scenario... like a driver like me who continually abuses his ride.

you gotta keep in mind that most people will not do there own tune ups. a spark plug job at a stealership could run as high as $300.

Edmunds.com lists average costs for service. Path:

Edmunds.com-Tips & Advice-Manufacturer maintenance schedules. From there fill in the info on your c, and up comes the info. For what it's worth, 30K maintenance on a 2005 Legacy GT Limited with manual transmission is $381.60, of which $100 or so is parts.

I think I read in road and track that average cost of ownership, all maintanance and labor included, and APR is like 34k for a 5mt LTD sheesh good thing I got a left over. my total cost is gonna be around 26k

ROFL...

Okay.. Edmunds is trying to tell me that the 60k service interval only changes my oil...bwhahahahahahahahaha somehow, I'm not buyin that.. looking closer.

Okay it's lists my 75k interval as being around $90 total.. still not buying that either.. their site is WAYYYYYY conservative.

Guess I just need to call.. of course Stealership will find plently of stuff that needs to be 'replaced' But I'd at least suspect my Wires & Plugs will need replacing, and probably my main belt as well.. just for good measure.

Mostly what I want is everything checked out by the dealer.. I know I can take care of plugs and that crap by myself.

For the Legacy 2.5GT our dealer prices are:

Oil & Filter Service - $29.95

15k Service - $223.00 (15k, 45k, 75k, etc)

30k Service - $317.00 (30k, 90k, 150k, etc)

60k Service - $415.00 (60k, 120k, 180k, etc)

Timing Belt (105k) - $358.00

These prices are considering that nothing else is found/recomended.

Updated prices 11/2/2005

Spark plugs isnt anymore than $45 ( www.sparkplugs.com @ NGK IX iridium LFR6AIX-11 0.030 TURBO $7.60/each or NGK Double Platinum 7913 SILFR6A 0.030 TURBO [Original Equipment Manufacturer, and/or Original Equipment Service Part] $11.71/each ).. it might be even less..

I think a lot of people here will have the dealership change the plugs, what's the cost of this again? Opie?

Dave.

I think a lot of people here will have the dealership change the plugs, what's the cost of this again? Opie?

Dave.

It's not that hard to do. :D

I'd bring some KY with if I were to follow ALL of the stealerships maintenance intervals.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Dave.

with pre-gapped plugs, a 12mm ratchet and some other simple tools, your hands and your brain, and a 30 min job to save $200, I'd do it.. hell I would rather spend about $200 on tools than on a stealership and look everything up on the internet on how-to-do instructions to not only save money, but be smarter and never have some poor wrench monkey to ever touch my car again.

Keefe

For the Legacy 2.5GT our dealer prices are:

Oil & Filter Service - $29.95

15k Service - $209.00 (15k, 45k, 75k, etc)

30k Service - $347.00 (30k, 90k, 150k, etc)

60k Service - $445.00 (60k, 120k, 180k, etc)

Timing Belt (105k) - $360.00

These prices are considering that nothing else is found/recomended.

Don't forget, dealer prices will vary based on location and service performed. I know that some dealers perform services above and beyond the recommended services outlined in the manual.

Your price for the 15K seems VERY high. Besides the handful of "inspect" items, they really only rotate the tires and perform an oil change. I was quoted $71.50 by my dealership for the 15K. What are they doing for you when you pay $209 for the 15K service?

-S

I think the quotes at Edmunds assume that every replaceable item gets replaced.

I checked Edmunds for MY03 and the most expensive price I could get Edmunds to generate was $91.70 :) In both instances the only replaceable parts listed were for an oil Change.

Archived