LegacyGT.com

Finally got my Cusco rear in last night

mmm def

First let me say I am not handy at all, but I grew a set last night went and bought some more tools and some PB spray (Thanks Edmundu!), got all the bolts off, hardest part for me was getting the bar out from under the car, funny thing is I put the new bar in with no problems. So now my hands are all cut up and greasy, ouch.

I took the car out for a quick ride, wow what a difference. The handling is a lot smoother now, before when I would enter a turn it wouldn't feel comfortable, kind of unstable in the corner, now it goes in nice and tight. Much less effort to carry the speed through a turn. I love it!

Next up comes my Cusco Front, Mblock66 and I will give that a shot sometime soon. What will the front change? Just make it even tighter?

Changing the front will flatten the car some, but will also bring back some of what you wanted to take out, Understeer.

I have a JDM 20mm sway, along with the ION's, and Pzero's on Rota SDR's, and I love the combo! Firm, yet comfortable ride, and it really digs in when you need it.

I don't however, have a front sway, so I cannot directly comment from experience, but I would think you would be introducing additional understeer.

I have whitlines front and rear. I did the rear first and the turn-in was much better. Less roll and more oversteer. I just did the fronts. The car has much less roll but now understeers more. But less understeer than stock. Remember, the stock is 21mm front/17mm rear. A difference of 4mm. My setup is 23f/21r. 2mm difference, so my car is more neutral compared to stock. I believe the Cusco is 21mm rear and 23mm front so you should get the same results I have. I am very happy I decided to also do the fronts. The gain in less roll way overshadows the slight loss in understeer. I also have PZero Nero M+S.

IIRC, the stock setup is 19/17. Going with the Cusco's, you will go to 23/21, which is a 4mm increase all the way around. That should render your car back to its original balance (some understeer). With just changing the rear, you've adjusted added some oversteer to the setup (with 19/21).

A friend of mine is still waiting for his Cusco front to show up. Apparently they are on backorder and have to wait until Cusco Japan manufactures them. Good thing he ordered it almost a month ago. :rolleyes: We might get them installed before the year is out.

From IWSTI.com;

The general rule is that stiffening the swaybar on one end makes that end looser, so a stiffer front bar will normally induce understeer. But MacPherson strut suspensions have a big problem with dynamic camber--when the car leans during heavy cornering, the camber of the outside wheel changes, sometimes even going from negative to positive. In such vehicles, a stiffer front bar prevents roll and helps maintain camber and can actually tighten the front end.

-Mike-

Archived