LegacyGT.com

RCE black vs H&R springs

Targeting this weekend or next. I should note that I will also be installing Eibachs, Group N front too hats, adjustable rear LCAs , and significantly backing off on the rear negative camber. All of this will probably make it difficult to distinctly compare the performance increase of the shocks alone.
oh awesome! excited to hear how they are. I was thinking about the group n mounts as well, but my oem ones were new last June when I put then on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Targeting this weekend or next. I should note that I will also be installing Eibachs, Group N front top hats, adjustable rear LCAs , and significantly backing off on the rear negative camber. All of this will probably make it difficult to distinctly compare the performance increase of the shocks alone.

Did you get your KYBs??

Ditto. I ordered a set Friday and the phone help stated the same thing, "that they'd be on a truck for us to ship Monday". I have yet to receive a tracking #, but am being patient as it has only been a day. Curious how your experience went since they said the parts they did have were already spoken for.

Did you get your KYBs??

I called up ShockWarehouse. The tracking email I got was a system blip. KYB was delayed sending the parts to them, associate said should be on their way to me on Monday. Crisis adverted. Helpful guy on phone.

ShockWarehouse shipped when they said, and received them mid-day Friday. Installed Sat-Sun, alignment Mon.

No real issues w/ install. Struts are good quality. Old OEM stuff didn't look terrible, surprisingly. Even w/ adjustable rear LCAs, could only get camber to -1.3 L / -1.6 R @ zero toe; something is still up w/ pass side which pisses me off but w/e. Without them I'd probably be at mid -2.x. Good deal/quality on those btw from RockAuto with their house-brand.

Love the way the car feels now. This setup is night and day compared to OEM 10-12. Definitely sportier, more grip and response in corners. Braking and acceleration feel is improved due to less dive and squat, respectively. Turning response is great, likely a combo of things. There is some NVH extra but nothing I even need to turn up the volume for, and that's likely due to Group N mounts and springs. Still definitely DD-friendly even in my crappy road NE area. I can indeed tell the struts perform and control the motions much better. Springs I presume are still settling since drop appears very conservative, unsure how long that'll take and/or if I'd need a re-alignment.

I can only compare to other cars... Sportier than stock 18 Legacy, sportier than a stock 13 Legacy (though only had 1 or 2 rides), almost at my old GC w/ Prodrive/AGXs+, more civil than AP2 S2K (though big chassis diff).

Unfortunately for me I may have to crack back in soon. Prior to this job, I was noticing some clicking upon turning from the front so may need to replace an axle soon. Getting worse.

15222525856152.thumb.jpg.8a98b18beec8c41ae47d08eb489090b2.jpg

15222525853370.thumb.jpg.ca6483de519703efd477f9d22cb6dda3.jpg

15222525855261.thumb.jpg.47eb602db8a923985794b122b5cd8f0f.jpg

awesome! glad you finally got them. I'm going to order mine within the next couple of weeks. The Konis do not like the springtime pothole filled roads of minnesota.

As for spring settling, I asked Eibach about it before I put mine on and they said there shouldn't be any settling of the actual spring. All your other new bits might need some time, but I'm not sure.

Just FYI in case people missed it as there's still time. KYB is running a rebate program for $40-100 back through the end of March.

kyb.com/save

Heads up with this, just figured out as I was reading the fine print... You have to buy all four struts from the same vendor to get the rebate. Factor it into your purchase choice.

Archived