LegacyGT.com

I’m looking for some advice

I just picked up a 2005 Legacy GT it’s got 138K on the car everything original and bone stock. I’m looking to change the turbo and oil lines etc. to prevent is turbo failure. I had one of these cars a few years ago I had a vf 52. i have not been in the loop in a long time. I am looking for advice on a turbo for this car I just wanted to be bolt on. I saw one with a oil delete and it pulled oil from the head. any advice would be great thanks!

If you change from the VF40 to VF52, you will need to change the coolant lines coming out of the turbo. Some come with them. It would be a good time to change your up-pipe to get rid of the pre-turbo cat and also pull the banjo bolt filters out to save from starving the turbo from oil. Could also change the downpipe if you're wanting to go stage 2 at the same time since it'll be unhooked to change turbo.

Other than a VF-46 (which isn’t that different), and direct replacement turbo will need a tune. Definitely pull the banjo filters and replace the uppipe with a non-catted version. I have a VF-52 on stock injectors and a few other things and it’s just right for me. Good punch, reliability, but not so much that I am inclined to collect tickets. If you just want to stay without a tune, pick up a VF-40 and have it rebuilt by one of the guys in the forum.

Archived