LegacyGT.com

Did a TGV delete today

Why I cut the flaps. I can just refill and tap the hole and but the stock flaps back in. I don't want horsepower, I want the car to fight 3 alternator under full load at idle. Was my understanding that these act as a choke in the cold but also are not fully open at idle and cause restriction. The plastic tumblers confused the sh*t out of me since they literally sit in place and bounce around.

You also need to be aware the throttle position isn't always linear. I don't know how it works at a low rpm like 1500 but wot isn't always 100% throttle position. Just something to be aware of.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

As others have pointed out TGVs on Subarus (recent/current gen) have a lot of baked in dependencies in the ECU mappings and microcode routines. Unless you find and define any and all related tables and set them up just right for TGVless operation (upper, lower TGVs), you will cause more issues this way... idle stability issues, warm up issues startup even, low end torque, etc.

And even when supposedly fully accounted for, lots of VA WRXs for example exhibit all tupes of issues and quirks caused by TGV deletes. Evrn on those turbo cars, totally not worth it.

Dont let the brah topic name fool you:

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2783559

Archived