LegacyGT.com

just venting

meier motor sports

so my clutch was acting up, it was like it wouldnt release which made no sense to me cause a worn clutch would release too much, in other words not engage. lots of grinding and bs trying to get the car into gear.

i took a shot in the dark and changed the slave and master cylinder. the clutch felt a bit better but i think it was just a placebo.

finally i ordered a replacement complete act clutch kit on cyber monday. wich was around $800

time goes by and i finally get around to putting the clutch in. turns out the throw out bearing was wearing on the pressure plate fingers causing incorrect clutch adjustment.

oh and i can back up even further. july 1st final moments moving out the last apartment with the car loaded to the brim with stuff, turbo went out. i got a killer deal on a used rebuilt turbo and all the misc parts i changed during that adventure was about 850.

no back into the timline, feb 13th picked up stuff for valentines day dinner and headed home, hit a nasty pot hole and blew out 2 tires and bent 2 rims. tire rack to the rescue for 1100. 4 new wheels and tires shipped. borrowed a spare from my moms forester and used one of mine and limped to work with two 215/45/17 tires, one t135/75/17 and one t155/75/17. the car was not happy about that drive.

tires are on and things are going ok, i go to the auto show after work and smell clutch once parked in the parking garage. turns out my right front caliper is binding up. reman caliper will be in thursday. i changed both front calipers last year in march but of course rock auto only gives a 90day warranty. oh an one center cap of the new wheels is missing......

and the drama goes on :spin::spin::spin:

oh the joys of a 13year old car with 190k

Sounds like my 2015! Was getting an occasional cyl. 4 misfire, but did Timing Belt and Plugs in January with some other misc. maintenance. Spent about $1300

Misfire kept coming back, swapped coils, still happening.

Then was going to drive to Utah for a ski weekend in February, but was a little nervous about it. Was going to swap injectors, but on my way to the parts store for new o-rings, throw out bearing seized and grenaded in traffic. Car towed, scrapped trip to Utah. Replaced clutch, added the TranQuil Snout, rental car for a day or two, tested compression - shop said needed to machine the heads at $2K or so. Told them to just swap injectors and move forward. Spent $2K on that misadventure (includes towing, rental, TranQuil, labor, etc).

March comes around, go to do brakes and find I have a frozen caliper front right, then while I'm waiting for the part to come in, I find out I have another on the front left! Two new calipers and everything else all around and I managed to spend $700 on brakes in March.

And the final piece: February 2016, I hit a pothole and also bent 2 rims. Was told the car had more damage. Filed a claim. Spent a month in a rental. Finally found out they didn't actually check the car. Just dropped it off at another shop, never checked for damage. Threw it on the rack and turned out it just needed a new alignment. They never ordered the replacement wheels, dragged their feet forever, only ever got the car back on the road because I brought them my summer wheels and (all season) tires. All told, still cost me about $1K despite filing a claim because I was dealing with a circus of idiots.

Went two more years without any major costs though until I spent about $2200 last month for struts all around, new lower control arm bushings, new rear diff bushings or whatever those hydraulic things are, a new front right CV and Front Right Wheel Bearing. And now I think my front right caliper is sticking again! :lol:

Hang in there buddy! Some of us have been there with ya!

• 4 weeks later...
I guess I was lucky with my '05 LGT because apart from too-frequent brake jobs I never had anything serious for 12 years. Then it started throwing P0440 codes while we were 1,500 miles from home. Turned out to be a rusty gas tank and cost me $1,000.

Archived