LegacyGT.com

Car is going in for paint tonight

The hood is gonna be repainted, and a color blend into the bumper and the fenders.

History:

I got the last car in the 7 state zone that fit my qualifications, and it got to the dealer with a chipped up hood from transport. I gave them the opportunity to touch it up and they did, but they had a guy do it from a mobile paint truck. He apparently doesn't know how to paint very well and after 3 tries to get it right I said it was enough and wanted a real body shop to do it.

FWIW the paint is so thin on these cars it's probably a blessing in disguise getting some real paint on the front of the car.

My Audi's paint looked better after 8 years than my Subaru's does after 3 months.

well, I wanted to get the bumper done too but they wanted $180 to do it and I am a cheap ass as well as the fact I live in CO and we are supposed to have front plates so I didn't want to risk paying for the holes to be filled just to put them back in later.

Car is supposed to be ready on Thursday (fingers crossed)

I'd have paid it just for the thicker paint.

A couple more layers of well-applied paint on the hood and front bumper could do good things to withstand dings later...

I am pissed enough about the dings in our Miata, and it sounds like the Legacy is just as thin or worse...

Archived