LegacyGT.com

Trouble getting to the top endlink bolt

mmm def

I tried installing my cusco rear sway last night, I can get to the bottom endlink bolt but not the top, I did not take my exhaust down, does that make it any easier? I'd like to use my 14mm socket but it won't fit in there to turn. If I can get to that top endlink bolt I can finish the job. Any advice?

Just take the exhaust off of the hangar, that way you won't have to take it apart. Or, you could try an extension bit, for the ratchet...that's what I remember doing...so that it clears the exhaust. Good luck.

And yes, you can get the bar out without taking the exhaust out...but it's a pain.

I don't know if Dave mentioned it but he has the Borla catback, so it doesn't run in the same location as stock pipes do. So he might have the room to slide out the sway. As for the end link, I don't recall what I used, but I'm pretty sure I used a 14mm boxend wrench.

Dude don't buy anything. Just come over and I will get it off for you. We will put it up on ramps and get it off. You might need a deep socket 14mm but I have that too.

Sways are really easy to do. I think they take like 45 minutes from start to cleanup. I don't understand why everyone thinks they are so hard. And I am so not a mechanic and it was still super easy and VERY straight forward.

Maybe tonight you can come down, we'll talk

Archived