LegacyGT.com

Ok... please help my decide!!! used 05 LGT Limited or New 06 Leg. SE

RCGServices

Ok, so i cant decide what i want to do. i need to get a AWD car for my daily commute of about 100 miles round trip to work. the problem i have is do i:

Buy a used Legacy GT Limited for +/- 23K with under 15K on it...

or buy a brand new Legacy Special Edition for around 21K..... i really wanna be around 24K out the door, so that puts a new Legacy GT off the list.... i dont really know if i need to the GT model, seeing how i mostly commute and the speed isnt a need cause i have a street bike for my fix. also, brand new cars are always nice. Ive seen alot of damage done in only 15K miles on new cars. Will i kill myself in the later dates with the resale of the non turbo?? thanks!

also, for medical reasons, i will be getting a Auto in either car i decide on....

Thanks for any input !!

Considering that Premium fuel must/should be used with the turbo cars, and taking into account the daily miles you travel, a naturally aspirated car would be cheaper in that respect. Drive them both and get whatever you like/will serve your needs best. Can't go wrong really.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

What is more important to you: better gas mileage and cheaper gas, or more acceleration?

I drove an '05 2.5i wagon with a slushbox. It certainly had acceptable acceleration, but I wouldn't have been particularly happy owning it. I chose the extra HP. But I don't commute 100 miles each day.

If you're looking at an '06 2.5i, it'll have a bit more HP than what I drove.

As someone else mentioned, there are still a few new '05 LGT cars out there. You might be able to find one in your price range, especially if not a Limited version.

Finally, if performance isn't really necessary but AWD is, there are other AWD cars out there that might suit you well. On the smaller side, the Impreza immediately jumps to mind, but there are others.

HTH.

Thanks all for your input.. im still thinking about it. i really want a Sunroof, so i need a limited edition if i get a 05.

thanks again....

any compatant dealer can have a moonroof installed for you... i wouldnt pay more then 800 bux which would bring your monthly payments up about 16-18 bux.. unless your paying cash for it... get the GT because if your driving 100 miles / day then you need something that'll bring a smile to your face... personally i think the nonturbos are dogs.... spend the xtra cash for gas so what if you loose 4 miles per gallon.. you'll feel a lot better when your in boost...

<:)))><

If you're practical, or make a practical decision the SE makes more sense financially. (better MPG, premium fuel not necessary)

The GT makes more sense only from a "fun" factor, which is why I traded my boring, reliable, great on gas Accord in.

I was able to get a 05' non-limited GT for $22,900 brand new. I too wanted the sunroof, but can live without it. The turbo more than made up for it. Shop around for left over 05's in your area. Also, check on incentive's I was able to get 3.9% for 63 months. My local credit union was offering 4.5% for 60 months.

- The Mortgage Man

i do need the AWD. i live in upstate NY.

Yep, upstate NY can get socked! Like I said before seems like EVERYONE is jumping on the AWD car bandwagon. :icon_mrgr I think the Suzuki Aerio AWD, Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS or the Toyota Matrix AWD are cheapest on the market and get the best MPG!! The Toyota and Suzuki "only" come in Automatic with AWD. :)

If you really want a sunroof, then you really want a wagon. :icon_smil

The wagon's sunroof is bigger than the sedan's, and is quite impressive.

I'm also in upstate NY.

Did you check the classifieds? There are several LGTs listed in this website's classifieds. There might be others available, if you want to go that route.

Thanks all for your input.. im still thinking about it. i really want a Sunroof, so i need a limited edition if i get a 05.

thanks again....

not just the awd it's also the the crash protection

drive both

the 2.5i is a little slow but respectable.

also look around for used 2005 2.5i people return them for the turbos

do a search for the subaru dealers online for used vehicles

liberty subaru , norhtern nj

they have four 2.5i station wagons and one 2.5i sedan

http://www.libertysubaru.com/en_US/

As someone who shares your driving woes (144 miles a day) I recommend the L-SE N/A. You got a bike for your speed fix, and if you're used to getting your fix there, then no car is going to top that sort of rush. Yeah the GT's are fun and fast, but Cheap on Gas they aren't, especially driving that distance.

Since you seem to be a speed freak like me.. Having boost there to sink your foot into would probably only cause trouble ;). My 03 L-SE is plently quick enough to overtake on the highways and surface streets and most importantly, doesn't make me stop at every pump I pass.

I have a Wagon, the big arsed sunroof, 5EAT and absolutely love my daily commute. I have 62k on my car (2 years old) and it's just as peppy, and runs just as good as it did the day I left the lot with it. It's the perfect commuter car.

+1 on the SE. Sure the performance isn't all there compared to the GT, but you've got your bike for that :D

Given your daily mileage, the gas $$$ might add up. And the Limited trim is nice as well.

Do some more shopping, you might find a few new GTs out there that may fit your target price (or nearly fit ;) ) That way you can have your cake and eat it too.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Archived