LegacyGT.com

Where Did Subaru Hide the Model Number Plate on My 2006?

My 2006 Owner's Manual says the model number plate is located on top of the LH strut tower, where they've always been located. By model number plate, I mean the metal plate riveted to the body that contains VIN, applied model, option code, trim code, color code, engine type and transmission type. Mine isn't where my manual says it should be and I can't find it anywhere. Anyone found theirs? Does anyone have access to the Oct 2005 Subaru TechTIPS? According to http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/displayPDFDesc.jsp?doc_id=92552 it's supposed to contain a bulletin about "VIN plate location change."

Jon it's on the passenger door itself on the jam. They moved the nice metal plate off the strut mount and started using the printed stickers on the passenger door jam for all the 2006's.

a STICKER! how CHEAP!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jon it's on the passenger door itself on the jam. They moved the nice metal plate off the strut mount and started using the printed stickers on the passenger door jam for all the 2006's.
Mine is missing, then. I wonder how to order one.

My 2006 has the metal plate on top of the strut tower. There's a sticker on the driver side door jamb that has the GVWR and the VIN number, but all the model, trim, color, etc, codes are on the metal plate under the hood.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Not all of them. My 06 has one under the hood.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Archived