LegacyGT.com

2.5i INTAKE DONE WHOO HOOOOO

more air = more power

may not be alot more power but on this car ill take all i can get

the intake shown above is no longer on...i was running to lean

so this is what i have now.....K&N panel + pipe...works awsome

So, have you run any 0-60 or 40-60 or any kind of performance tests before and after to see what the impact was?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

more air = more power

If you believe that, try some tests with no air filter at all - you'll be surprised.

You're getting better gas mileage, or you have better performance - but you haven't measured either?

I wish someone who puts a K&N filter on would take performance data before the change.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

ok so how about this then. Where that line is some way take a dremel of cut this line. get some hose or something to allow to slide over both ends for the pipe and filter. and then just take tem clamps and tighten them down. still maintaing stock MAF housing so you souldnt get any wild readings to make it run lean or anything along that line. anyone gave this method any thought?

scan0002.jpg.8e9cc9a6cb9336efe7213fd6c920a6d5.jpg

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

another question that i havent seen. why cant you use the setup for the legacy GT? does it maintain the same housing for the MAF? Size and diameter piping? i am not seeing that much of a diff. but have not looked at the mathmatical part as far as readings go and air flow.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

the gt intake attaches to the turbo inlet, which is located towards the front of the engine bay, where as an intake for a 2.5i should attach to the intake manifold located at the back of the engine bay. Theoretically, you could rig any intake with the correct MAF sensor to our intake manifold, but the placement is not ideal, and flow could be compromised.

Also, the GT's intake is much shorter, so placing it on a 2.5 i would be a short ram intake.

dont wish to go hacking my stock intake, but i guess it could work.....

and as for the K&N...my butt did,

but i did not try it by its self,,, with the tubing though,,its awsome..very noticable

i am extremely happy with my current setup and wouldnt change it even if some one came out with one...its very mellow compared to open element intakes

• 2 years later...

Archived