LegacyGT.com

07 LGT code p0244

I just got the car and it has an CEL. but i ran the code and it says its over boosting the car is completely stock except for cat back exhaust and stage 1 accessport on 93 fuel running normal wasgate. So when i hit 4500 rpm WOT it bogs or fuel cuts cause the over boost. Can anyone help me figure out whats wrong i looked at the wastegate and it looks brand new like it was replaced and the air lines that go to the wastegate aren’t stock and look smaller and longer and one is bent so i was gonna go replace those lines to see of that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With non-stock hoses, you may well have the wrong size restrictor pill. Critical to get that right, overboost is dangerous! Also, are you SURE the boost controller is stock? Pics of the controller, hoses, and actuator are the best approach.

Edit: P0244 is not strictly overboost. Could point to a bad or non-stock boost controller.

With non-stock hoses, you may well have the wrong size restrictor pill. Critical to get that right, overboost is dangerous! Also, are you SURE the boost controller is stock? Pics of the controller, hoses, and actuator are the best approach.

Edit: P0244 is not strictly overboost. Could point to a bad or non-stock boost controller.

Hey man im pretty sure that hose is not stock cause i did not see that resistor pill in there

A missing restrictor pill with a stock boost controller should cause underboost (and fluctuations). How have you established you're overboosting? Sounds like you may have an aftermarket boost controller.

Pics are necessary to say anything more.

You should probably stay out of boost until you work this out or get someone knowledgeable in there.

A missing restrictor pill with a stock boost controller should cause underboost (and fluctuations). How have you established you're overboosting? Sounds like you may have an aftermarket boost controller.

Pics are necessary to say anything more.

You should probably stay out of boost until you work this out or get someone knowledgeable in there.

Hey man i will get you pics as soon as i get home but can you tell me where the stock boost controller is located.

Good call. That hose is no bueno. The controller is stock, hopefully the hose will get you sorted.

Should i try running wastegate boost straight from turbo to the wastegate to see if i hit the target boost of 7 psi. to check if my actuator is working. If that works than i think that would tell me if the solenoid id bad

I believe that would be safe, but I would just stay out of boost till you install the hose and controller. Given the existing hose and the code, I see no immediate reason to suspect the actuator.

Yeah to my guess when i hit boost those hoses probably just explode cause they are so tiny.

Archived