LegacyGT.com

Changing battery

Going to my buddy's work on Saturday to change the battery what size socket do I need for the battery terminal and battery hold on as I don't have time to look between work and stuff but time I get home it's dark out. I believe bits 10mm just want to make sure I bring the right size sockets.

Please let me know thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

don't be surprised if it stalls, or almost stalls when you shift into neutral or push the clutch in after disconnecting the battery. Our non-turbos hate relearning, and drive poorly for a few days after.

*Also, my car has taken longer than usual to start right after I've changed the battery. Might take 5 seconds to start instead of like 1-2 seconds. It only happens right after changing the battery, or disconnecting the negative battery cable.

don't be surprised if it stalls, or almost stalls when you shift into neutral or push the clutch in after disconnecting the battery. Our non-turbos hate relearning, and drive poorly for a few days after.

*Also, my car has taken longer than usual to start right after I've changed the battery. Might take 5 seconds to start instead of like 1-2 seconds. It only happens right after changing the battery, or disconnecting the negative battery cable.

Doesn't matter which battery cable you disconnect - the problem will be the same.

The re-learning procedure takes a few start and warm-up cycles combined with varying driving conditions.

453747.png

I wish there was a question on like cash cab or something that would say:

"Which way do electrons flow? Negative to positive OR positive to negative?"

Answer: negative to positive.

That's one of the few tidbits I still remember from my physics II class (electricity and magnetism).

Wonder how many people would get it right..

Edit: if you're bored, drop a piece of metal between the battery terminals...

P.S. you'll need a new battery and won't be able to detach the metal you dropped...

Edit: if you're bored, drop a piece of metal between the battery terminals...

P.S. you'll need a new battery and won't be able to detach the metal you dropped...

I'll add that this should only be done once the battery is removed from the car. If one must try this in the car for some reason, at lease make sure the battery cables are disconnected...could the short cause issues with the ECM?

When I worked at PepBoys one of the guys used to alsways donthis with core batteries...not so dead after all lol.

Archived