LegacyGT.com

Battery or statter

Hello this morning after getting gas my sound almost didn't want to start it took a little while of cranking before it did start and when it did start it idled rough for a minute then went back to running normal.

Wondering if it's my battery or the starter?

I have a 2.5i legacy 2008 with 137000 miles on it recently changed the battery about 2 to 2.5 years ago not sure what to do about buying. Changed spark plugs around 90k on my car I'm sure it's time to change those also.

Please let me know

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did it crank really slow? I just had the issue with mine, I changed the battery on Friday and it was if anything got a little slower turns out my starter was going out.. but kinda gave me warning signs before hand like nothing happens when the key is turned to start had to hit the stater to get the contacts to move to the starter contacts.

Yes it did crank really slow I almlst thought it wasn't going to start and this weather here is nj does not help at all it's been 5-10 degrees in the am here.

How much was the starter?

Yeah mine cranked so slow I thought i was going to get the clicking sound when not enough power.. it turned over reallly really slow. The starter was $107.99 plus $40 core but mine is a 5MT the auto might be more

I'm thinking it's your battery, but the starter is easy to replace. I didn't have to remove anything except maybe disconnecting the vacuum hose going into the driver side of the airbox.

I replaced my oem starter after 215k just as a precaution, it still worked fine though.

*I'd also make sure your battery connections are tight and clean too.

Archived