LegacyGT.com

05 XT with code P0302

Hi all,

I've got a 05 Outback XT Automatic with 135k miles on it getting a P0302, cylinder #2 misfire. So the other day I was going slowly up a hill, and decided I wanted to pick up the pace. I opened the throttle to make the car downshift and speed up. A few moments after I did that, the car had some wicked vibrations going on, and I noticed the CEL on. Drove about a mile to my house, and put it in park, and the CEL went away even though that strong vibration was still going on. Pulled the code, P0302.

So the code goes away whenever I put the car in park, or just stop accelerating, but the vibration (misfire) never goes away. Oh, and it smells like unburnt fuel. (DUH) I've checked my oil, it looks good, level and color looks perfect. Same with coolant.

History of the car: I rebuilt the shortblock with new stock pistons, and new bearings about 5k miles ago. Brand new gaskets all around, brand new spark plugs, and brand new coil packs all with about 5k miles. Haven't had any smoking or anything else going on. It's run perfect up until now.

So, I know the normal things to check. Swap the packs, swap the plugs, swap the injectors. I'll get around to that this week. But I wanted to see if anybody has any incite. Anything about my story that sticks out to any of you? Thanks in advance.

So, I know the normal things to check. Swap the packs, swap the plugs, swap the injectors. I'll get around to that this week. But I wanted to see if anybody has any incite. Anything about my story that sticks out to any of you? Thanks in advance.

That is basically the standard procedure before going deeper into the engine. Good luck.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Archived