LegacyGT.com

Not Starting Help

My 2005 GT isn't starting after changing a valve cover gasket. It turns over just fine just won't catch. This is what I did:

-removed some intake piping and air intake. Reinstalled and connected MAS.

-removed LH spark plugs and caps. Reinstalled

-Loosened LH motor mount so that I could jack the engine up a little to replace the valve cover.

-removed LH valve cover gasket. Replaced with new one.-removed some of the timing belt cover (was going to inspect valve clearance, but couldn't get the RH valve cover off). Reinstalled.

-removed RH spark plug caps. Attempted to get RH valve cover gasket off. Reinstalled.

Initially I started the car up and it ran very rough. Was shaking pretty bad. I turned it off after a couple of seconds, checked the motor mount, started again for a couple seconds and it continued so I shut if off. I checked the LH spark plugs and caps and found that one spark plug was a little loose, and another had a cap that wasn't on the plug. I tightened both plugs, and made sure the caps were on the plugs. Now it doesn't start at all!

what could I have done to cause this? I didn't touch the timing belt of valves. Just took their covers off.

Engine grounds....won't that be something if they really caused this.

OP what shape are the ground wires in ? if they have been bad or broken for a while, they has been some history if that causing issues.

A lot of us have replaced them with homemade better ground wires.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OK well I drove it into a shop. Started but still seemed like it was running on 3 cylinders. Shop said I mixed up the coil packs! I didn't think the length of the wires would have allowed me to do this, but I guess I shouldn't have assumed that. I am having the shop do a compression check to make sure nothing got damaged. Thanks for the input. Sad day :(

Archived