LegacyGT.com

Any complaints with Prosport Halo AFR Gauge?

My Innovate AFR gauge is not acting right and, yes, I've ensured I have good ground and power. I'm going to send it away for an RMA but I'm considering replacing it with the Prosport Halo to match the boost gauge it sits beside. Does anyone have any complaints or has their tuner complained about the analog output?

Innovate wants $45 just to look at my gauge and expects me to pay for shipping both ways. Decided to go with AEM X-Series instead... Looking at the instructions to change the bezel it looks like it might be easy to get to the LEDs that illuminate the numerical segments. Maybe I'll switch them to white...

The analog output is always around 0.3V off from what the display is reading and I can't program in enough correction to compensate. I did some experimentation at the suggestion of tech support with the minimum and maximum output voltages and translated those values to AFR percentage. Results:

min out | 0.5 | 0.75 | 1

disp. | 14.9 | 14.9 | 14.9

Out V | 3.07 | 3.16 | 3.2

Out AFR | 15.9 | 15.8 | 15.6

max out | 4.5 | 4.0 | 3.5

disp. | 14.9 | 14.8 | 14.9

Out V | 2.5 | 2.1 | 1.8

Out AFR | 15.7 | 15.2 | 15.5

Back to the topic of this thread: I asked my parts supplier if he's heard of issues with this gauge. His comment was "I've had problems with every single one of their products. But then again I've had problems with every brand of AFR gauge I've sold.". So it sounds like you just take your risks with whatever you buy... FWIW I don't have complaints with my Prosport boost gauge.

Archived