LegacyGT.com

noob help deciphering BTssm logs?

stajerker

Hey all, apologies if this has been covered before - I can find things spread out, and have been reading but hoping to have some help. Planning on trying to get off the stock tune soon since I read it's not great :(

Recently got a tactrix and the BtSSM app to try and see if my car is running healthy or not (seems to be, no check engines and since i've owned it - nothing has really given me trouble in ~60,000mi). Stock car, stock tune, no oil consumption, at 137k mi now.

I went for a drive and got some logs - I looked through some threads here to try and figure out what to log - I did my best but can't find a 'noob log these things here' thread. I logged:

AFR, boost, FKC, FLKC, IAM, intake temp, load, maf (g/s and v), RPM, throttle pos, timing and turbo WGDC (which I think is useless and I forgot to turn off).

Is there anything from that list that I don't need and can turn off? Is there anything I need I don't have?

I did a LV snapshot as well:

960645466_BtSsmLearnedValues.png.15077c3b4617c89b5dd650907582d408.png

below are the logs:

Serena Driving around.csv

Serena 4th gear WOT pull.csv

As far as I understand, my LV % is that at idle, the car is adding fuel to maintain the proper A/F ratio? and that we max at 15, so if the LV doesn't show as 15 then the ECU is able to compensate and achieve the right A/F ratio? I have read +- 5% is a good range - so it appears that I'm out of that?

I don't know what that one spot at 4400 RPM and load is (pulled timing - the ECU has learned that at that RPM and load there is knock?)

As far as the logs - when driving lightly - it appears there is no knock seen (nothing in FKC)

When WOT pull - it appears to me that the ECU has learned at ~4300 rpm there is some knock and pre-emptively pulls timing? There is nothing in the FKC value so I assume that this happened before and now the car is trying to avoid it?

I am still learning about the timing values and how they apply.

Thanks everyone!

that minor FKL is not uncommon on a stock car, all the Subaru's I've had (most recently '08 SpecB and no '08 LGT Wagon, had this...if not more actually, conditions and fuel dependant.

IF you want that cleaned up, you could see a local tuner in your area (there are a few--not sure which ones guys recommend?), or an e-tune through the reputable source here if you want to buy an Accessport. My Cobb stage 2 pinged a bit as well. Currently going through a tuning alliance tune through the Accessport and it seems pretty happy so far. I'd prefer Open Source tuning as it could utilize my wideband, but they do prefer the Accessport method which I guess is easiest to deal with varied ranges of customer computer competencies...and buggy programs :-D

Thanks for the reply!

I am just trying to make sure everything seems in order to get a stage 1 e-tune done. Car is now 10 years old and I'm wondering about all the old rubber lines cracking/leaking, but I read that if I have a vacuum leak then it would show up in my LV as the ECU adds more fuel to compensate and get the A/F ratio right?

(seems lots of people say that the LV will be at 15% with a vac leak)

I'm not sure if it's kosher to link Romraider on this site, but there is a good write up on learned values if you Goggles "How To: Use Learning View to verify closed-loop MAF scaling". Lots of good reading to give you a better understanding on what's happening.:)

Your fuel trims are indeed a bit too positive for my liking. It may indicate a vac leak indeed. But at least, the ECU has been able to correct for it. But it is still better when these fuel trims are much closer to 0 IMO. So if I were you, I would still carefully check for vacuum leaks just in case.

Archived