LegacyGT.com

New Member. 2017 2.5i 6 Speed

You made a perfect example of life circumstances changing. For me i just turned 30, i don't own a house yet (its in the plans) so having a heavy payment and fuel bills of my STI just wasn't logical at this point even though i loved that car. My last 5 vehicles have been Subaru's and i just love the brand. Buying the Legacy was a compromise for me. I still get a new car with a warranty, something that's still fun to drive, great in snow (matters a lot here) and saves me a ton of money not to mention it still has all the character I've grown so fond of in Subaru vehicles.

Now as far as the transmission debate goes, ive driven the CVT Leggy and its great car, but for me i would not have bought one for myself if i couldn't have found the manual. I would have looked a base forester more than likely. To my point about the car not being offered in the states, if the car is being built in the U.S for the Canadian market why couldn't they have offered it there? Its not like they had to do any development or extra R&D. From what Ive read it came down to the slightly lower fuel economy and lower % of manuals sold there vs here. Who knows, but i think you guys got hosed.

Loving the car so far btw, takes some getting used to losing 150 Hp but i am coping with it well haha.

Similar situation for me. I was looking at a 5.0 mustang convertible or a miata before I got the Legacy. After putting more thought into it, I would never let the misses drive it and especially not in the winter. She would have hated the cramped interior space and we would end up always driving her outback all the time both of us went out together. And it didn't make too much sense getting the gas guzzler just to sit in traffic.

As much as I would have loved to get a stick shift, it didn't make sense to have that add to the stress of rush hour driving. And after having ES on the OB, I kinda started to love it. So I took the plunge and got the legacy. Now I don't have to worry abt the misses calling me coz she can't find how to open the gas cap. Its in the exact same spot as her car :cool:

I'd love it if they made a legacy MT convertible with ES :)

Topless for the summer, AWD for the winter, ES for daily commute, MT for the good old fun of spirited driving. Decent all round mpg and great reliability of a Subaru.

One can always dream right ;)

Now I don't have to worry abt the misses calling me coz she can't find how to open the gas cap. Its in the exact same spot as her car

You too? :)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
You know what the best thing about CAFE is? They are standards not laws.

Meaning, that the current Administration can snap their fingers and revise or rescind CAFE standards - which should happen anyway as they are so egregiously punitive that it is bound to become a political issue within the next one or two election cycles.

Teeheeheee

laughing.jpg

Trump Administration Said to Eye Big Cuts to Fuel Economy Rules

:woowoo::woowoo::woowoo::woowoo:

Archived