LegacyGT.com

Rear Bumper Guards

bbeast

Anyone have the factory Rear Bumper Guards on their Legacy? Do you like them and do you find they really add any benefit from your experience?

I'm picking up my car Saturday, and it comes with them installed. It wasn't exactly an option I wanted, but this was one of the only RBP LGT's I could find for the right price. I also live in NYC, so I figured maybe it wasn't the lorst thing to have, but when I saw them in person (granted it was pitch black and raining out) I wasn't exactly thrilled with their appearance. Thanks,

Brad

I think that the guards are a necessity in NYC...whether you're parking on the street or in a garage. My wife brings our Legacy into NYC all the time. I even had a strip of Rockblocker vinyl put on my back bumper to protect it from the garage guys.

Granted they do stick out a lot. I have a silver car with the bug guard on the front so the car ends up having a silver and black look to it...so it's ok with me.

Thanx for the reply, Edvig.

I picked my car up yesterday and the bumper guards actually don't look bad with the RBP color of my car. I think I will leave them on for the time being, just for peace of mind in the city. Worse comes to worse, I'm sure I just could remove them as I believe they are only afixed with double sided tape.

Archived